Summer is coming to a close, at least for me. School starts next week and my carefree days of reading whatever I want are gone, but I had a good run! July was a great month! To recap, here’s what I read:
1: Bakumon Volume 1
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
3. Miss Peregrin’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
4. Make Good Art by Neil Gaiman
5. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
6. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
7. Puddin’head Willson by Mark Twain (review forthcoming)
If you are wondering what happened to my epic-long reading list, I re-evaluated whether or not I wanted to read all of those books and basically decided only to read books I wanted to read during the summer, not books I “had to” read. After all, what good is summer reading if it’s stressful?
Now, as mentioned in my last blog, I have several books I must read before school starts next week, and they are all top priority for this month’s TBR. I will not list them again here, but I will list the books that I plan to read apart from the books I am teaching:
1. Boundaries in Dating (in the middle own)
2. The Knowledge of the Holy
3. Paper Towns
That’s it. I am not going to fall into the trap of over-ambition like I did last year. I think I ca safely read these three books, especially since I have already started two of them. I hate that only one of these books is a novel, but I’m reading 5 novels for school, so I think I will survive.
Who is going back to school in the fall? Are you excited? Sad? And will you be reading any good books? Comment below and let me know. Happy Reading!
Love Regina, The Pensive Ponderer.