Reflections on things that matter.
Well, I didn’t exactly chronicle my reading journey this summer, but here’s a recap of my goals for this summer. I had a goal of reading 10 (ish) books, and here, at the end of my summer (I go back to work in 2 weeks), I have completed 7 of the 10 on my list, plus a random book I didn’t intend on reading.
COMPLETED BOOKS are as follows (with ratings):
1: High Rise: 2/5 Stars. Interesting premise, but I hated EVERYONE.
2. Skip Beat Vol 32-38: 4/5 stars…I just wish I got more than 2 volumes every YEAR!
3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: 3/5 stars. Well written and good characters. More explanations are forthcoming on Potter Ponderings.
4. Red Rising: 3.5/5 Stars. VERY good story, but a bit too gritty for me.
5. Everland: 2.5/5 Stars. The premise was so good, but the delivery was sort of 2-dimensional.
6. The Knowledge of the Holy: 5/5 Stars. This is what I was craving. I am sort of angry with myself for taking so long to finish this book. I’m about to read EVERYTHING by Tozer.
7: Till We Have Faces: 4/5 Stars. I love C. S. Lewis. This was a very interesting novel. My only complaint is the rather abrupt, obscure ending, but I’m not sure that doesn’t actually add to the effect of the book and its point.
I am currently listening to the book Armada by Ernest Cline.
(I don’t listen to the radio and I had sort of accidentally returned all of my legitimate audio books to the Library. I picked this one up on impulse and I’m sort of loving it).
That is the end of my Summer Reading Challenge Pre-Recap. I will probably post one final blog just before school to review Armada and Legend.
Feel free to let me know what you think of my opinions on these books in the comments.
Regina, the Pensive Ponderer.